Are you considering your options for replacement teeth? If you have a few teeth in a row that are missing or damaged and need to be replaced, an implant supported bridge is one option. A dental implant supported bridge consists of two implants placed on either end of a row of artificial teeth. The implants provide solid anchors for the bridge to attach to.
How much does an implant supported bridge cost in New York City and the surrounding area? Here’s what you can expect.
Average Cost of an Implant Supported Bridge
On average, the cost of a dental implant supported bridge can range anywhere from $4,000-$16,000. The exact price within that range depends on a number of factors.
Key Factors in the Cost
The following make the biggest difference in the actual cost of a dental implant supported bridge:
- Number of implants. The bulk of the cost with implant supported bridges are the implants themselves. A single dental implant can cost between $1,500 and $4,500. Double that cost because an implant supported bridge will have two implants, one on each end of the bridge.
- Number of artificial teeth in the bridge. The rest of the cost comes from the artificial teeth suspended between the implants that make up the bridge. The bridge is typically made of porcelain fused to metal or ceramic. The artificial teeth in the bridge must be formed to the size, shape, and color of your natural teeth, so the more artificial teeth in the bridge, the higher the cost.
- Preparatory procedures. Another consideration in the total cost of dental implant supported bridges is any preparatory procedure that may be required. If there isn’t sufficient bone density in the jaw to support an implant, a bone graft or sinus lift procedure may be needed first. This involves the surgical placement of a piece of bone above the existing jaw bone to thicken it and encourage bone regeneration.
- What dentist you see. Not every dentist will charge the same amount for a dental implant supported bridge. Each dentist has their own individual level of experience and established reputation, which may affect their price ranges for procedures.
- Where you live. Cost of living plays a big part in the price of dental care. In New York City with a dense population and higher cost of living, you may find higher prices than in a smaller town or rural area.
- Your insurance. Dental insurance, if you have it, will sometimes cover part of the cost of an implant supported bridge. Insurance providers are often willing to cover lower cost procedures, which is an advantage of choosing an implant supported bridge over all implants.
- Financing. Whether you have dental insurance or not, you may find that financing your procedure can make it more affordable. When you choose an option such as CareCredit that offers no interest promotions and low interest rates, you can pay less over time for your procedure.
Benefits of Dental Implant Supported Bridges
There are many benefits to choosing implant supported bridges as a replacement option for multiple damaged or missing teeth, such as:
- More affordable. An implant supported bridge costs less when you have multiple teeth to replace. You could choose to replace each individual tooth with an implant, however, that is a more expensive option. When you get a bridge you only pay for the two dental implants that act as anchors.
- Won’t damage healthy teeth. Traditional bridges attach to the healthy teeth on either side of the tooth that is being replaced. This requires these teeth to be shaved down and fitted with permanent crowns. Through this process you lose healthy tooth material and risk long term damage to those teeth.
- Sturdier than traditional bridges. Implant supported bridges are one of the sturdiest tooth replacement options other than getting all implants. The titanium posts and porcelain crowns can be even more solid than natural tooth material.
Integrated Aesthetic Dentistry Provides Implant Supported Bridges in NYC
If you’re in need of multiple replacement teeth, an implant supported bridge is an affordable option. Integrated Aesthetic Dentistry has 4 locations across New York City for your convenience.
Call or request an appointment at your preferred branch: