We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! We will resume seeing patients on June 15 at all of our locations. We have extended our hygiene schedule and have added weekend hours to accommodate what we anticipate to be a very busy return.
Please also help us in welcoming Dr. Elizabeth Heindel, Dr. Gary Nord, and Dr. Laura Kool Min Chee to the practice. They are three talented prosthodontists with impressive backgrounds. Check out our Meet Our Team page for their biographies.
What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe
Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
We have made changes to the way we schedule your appointments and manage your insurance and financial transactions. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
Infection Control and Patient Management Procedures
- We are screening all patients before their appointments via telephone, email, or text messages to assess risk of COVID exposure. You will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text, or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- We require that you wear a mask to your appointment. If you do not have a mask, please let us know a few days before your appointment, and we will mail you a mask for your commute to our office.
- Please maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minor if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Installed sneeze guards in all reception areas.
- We have removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
- We have touchless hand sanitizers in the reception area and also throughout the office. We ask you to use the hand sanitizer upon entering. We ask that you sanitize after your treatment has been completed and prior to leaving your treatment room.
- We measure everyone’s temperature with a contactless thermometer as soon as you enter the office.
- We will be providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We have introduced an oral pre-rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We have required all team members to undergo antibody testing as well as periodic testing for COVID-19 to enable earliest detection of exposure should it exist. Additionally team members have been instructed that they are not to present to work if any symptoms of illness exist.
- We are increasing the time between patients to reduce waiting times, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Enhanced operators disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with PECO air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced HVAC disinfection with UV light and HEPA Filtration units.
- New personal protection equipment like face shields, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- We have introduced protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- We have implemented enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched subconsciously. This is done with medical fogging devices to access hard to reach places that can be easily missed.
- Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- We are providing tele dentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education. We will also provide teledentistry services prior to your appointment to appease any concerns should you have them.
- We can provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
Infection Control and Patient Management Procedures
- 24 hours prior to your appointment, you will receive an email with a link to prepay.
- Should you need to pay by check, you will be informed of your copay. Please bring the check to the appointment and drop in our drop box when you enter the office. It will be visible and well-marked.
- Please email your most current insurance information to email@example.com 48 hours prior to your appointment.
- Insurance benefits will now be assigned to you, the patient. This will include all hygiene visits and all procedural visits. This means that you will pay the visit in full and your insurance company will send the check to you, not us. This is being done to minimize the bulk of mail entering our office that poses the potential risk of harboring disease. Please call the office if you have any questions related to this new policy.
- We have elected not to charge a PPE fee in lieu of the above protocols.
- It is imperative that all of the above measures are taken in order to maintain safety in our office.